Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chaos

It is a scientific belief that everything is constantly moving toward a state of chaos.  This is no more prevalent than in the home of small children.  Every day I do chores around the house, sometimes more than once.  I do dishes, laundry, wipe down counters, and pick up toys; and yet each time, the mess monsters strike again with more force.  The other day I picked up toys and before I could do a full 360 turn about, the toys jumped out of their bin and back onto the floor!  I think that messes have the ability to multiply in number.  "Quick!  She left the room.  Everyone out of the toy box and replicate!"

At night, walking around the house can be a health hazard.  Even in low light I tread lightly.  I feel like I have to put radar on my toes.  It's like a mine field!  I have developed a habit of sliding my feet across the carpet rather than lifting them off of the floor for fear of losing a toe or a foot to the box of wooden blocks or farm animals with wheels.

If you sit really still in the kitchen or toy room, you can hear the snickering of inanimate objects preparing to play a prank on all of the mere mortals in the house.  Just today, a glass door laughed at me.  I cleaned both sides very carefully and before I knew it Sam's and my face and hand prints were all over the door!  I missed how the mess was made.  I suppose I was distracted by Sam's shrieks of glee.  Who knew that even unsuspecting mother's can be targets for such messes?  I suppose next time I will have to watch more closely. . .

2 comments: