I once heard it said that society has become ashamed of homemakers. When someone asks what I do, I tell them that I am a mom, and I tell them proudly.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
About Me
My name is Suzanne Haven. I am a stay at home Mom. I have two wonderful boys: Samuel who is two years old, and Michael who is seven weeks. My husband is a Biology/Chemistry teacher for 6 - 12 graders.
With my time as a stay at home mother, I've noticed a few things. I no longer go to work in the morning wearing a blouse, slacks, and high heels. Now, my daily uniform consists of a T-shirt, jeans, and a burp rag jauntily thrown over my shoulder. When I run out the door, I no longer grab my brief case of music and folders. Instead, I grab the diaper bag and hope there are enough snacks and toys. I don't have deep discussions of the emotion of music, or what the composer intended for a piece. These days I have conversations about letters, numbers, and animal sounds. I make funny faces at my sons to make them smile and laugh. I constantly have ketchup stains on my pants and yogurt hand prints on my shirt. I often am picking up toys and re-cleaning the cabinet doors that Sam already "cleaned." I have tickle wars, story time, and lots of snuggles. I dry tears and I give comfort for scraped knees. My days are busy. I have an amazing little helper who sometimes makes the daily chores take three times longer than they would by myself. I have the best job in the world, and I wouldn't change it for a thing.
I once heard it said that society has become ashamed of homemakers. When someone asks what I do, I tell them that I am a mom, and I tell them proudly.
I once heard it said that society has become ashamed of homemakers. When someone asks what I do, I tell them that I am a mom, and I tell them proudly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment